Re: [Debian Wiki] Update of "Teams/Ruby/RubyInWheezy" by VincentFourmond

  Hello all !

On Tue, Apr 19, 2011 at 10:33 AM, Lucas Nussbaum
<lucas@lucas-nussbaum.net> wrote:
>> > What you are asking for is not a policy, it's a howto.
>>
>>   I'm asking for both.
>>
>>   I think the policy should be a docbook-like document (like the
>> Policy), while the howto probably should be a wiki page.
>
> I'm not too interested in working on paperwork, but if you are
> interested, I strongly encourage you to lead that work :)
>
>>   What about making the Debian Ruby (sub) Policy part of the gem2deb
>> package ?
>
> Yes, why not.

  Good. I've written a first draft of a Ruby policy, which is
basically my interpretation of the whole gem2deb philosophy. I
encourage everyone to read it and point me where you think I have
misunderstood (on this list) or correct it themselves.

  The document is almost complete in the sense that I think I have
covered most of the requirements. A big exception though: I haven't
addressed at all the requirements for Ruby interpreters, which I think
should be part of the policy.

  The document is located in the gem2deb git repository. It is a
docbook document, which is fairly easy to read/write. Install the
package docbook-utils to convert to other formats (PDF, HTML, etc...).

  Cheers,

      Vincent