Re: RFS: ruby-bcrypt

On 22/04/11 at 23:35 +0530, Vasudev Kamath wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 22, 2011 at 11:21 PM, Lucas Nussbaum
> <lucas@lucas-nussbaum.net> wrote:
> > On 22/04/11 at 21:25 +0530, Vasudev Kamath wrote:
> >> Dear mentors,
> >>
> >> I am looking for a sponsor for my package "ruby-bcrypt".
> >>
> >> * Package name    : ruby-bcrypt
> >>   Version         : 2.1.4-1
> >>   Upstream Author : Coda Hale <coda.hale@gmail.com>
> >> * URL             : http://bcrypt-ruby.rubyforge.org/
> >> * License         : BSD
> >>   Section         : ruby
> >>
> >> It builds these binary packages:
> >> ruby-bcrypt - Ruby binding for the bcrypt() password hashing algorithm
> >>
> >> The upload would fix these bugs: 623597
> >>
> >> My motivation for maintaining this package is: One of the dependency
> >> for Diaspora packaging
> >>
> >> The package can be found on mentors.debian.net:
> >> - Source repository: deb-src http://mentors.debian.net/debian unstable
> >> main contrib non-free
> >> - dget http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/r/ruby-bcrypt/ruby-bcrypt_2.1.4-1.dsc
> >>
> >> I would be glad if someone uploaded this package for me.
> >
> > Could you enable tests?
> Ok I've a doubt here. How do I enable the tests? Is it by providing
> rspec in Depends? (It was there but it was commented out in control
> file ). This may be a silly question but since I'm not a ruby guy I
> may need a bit of help :)

You need to edit debian/ruby-tests.rb. See other packages that use
gem2deb in the git repo.

> > I think that this could require updating rspec to gem2deb packaging
> > (yes, I know it's an hard process, but it's something someone must do
> > anyway :( )
> >
> How can I help here. I saw the package is now named as librspec-ruby.
> Also its not maitained by pkg-ruby-extras! Let me know

It is maintained by pgk-ruby-extras, but not using gem2deb and git.
Also, it's severely outdated.

So it needs to be transitioned to gem2deb. See my mail on this list
earlier this week, in a discussion with Vincent Fourmond.

- Lucas