Re: RFS: ruby-bcrypt

On Fri, Apr 22, 2011 at 11:21 PM, Lucas Nussbaum
<lucas@lucas-nussbaum.net> wrote:
> On 22/04/11 at 21:25 +0530, Vasudev Kamath wrote:
>> Dear mentors,
>>
>> I am looking for a sponsor for my package "ruby-bcrypt".
>>
>> * Package name    : ruby-bcrypt
>>   Version         : 2.1.4-1
>>   Upstream Author : Coda Hale <coda.hale@gmail.com>
>> * URL             : http://bcrypt-ruby.rubyforge.org/
>> * License         : BSD
>>   Section         : ruby
>>
>> It builds these binary packages:
>> ruby-bcrypt - Ruby binding for the bcrypt() password hashing algorithm
>>
>> The upload would fix these bugs: 623597
>>
>> My motivation for maintaining this package is: One of the dependency
>> for Diaspora packaging
>>
>> The package can be found on mentors.debian.net:
>> - Source repository: deb-src http://mentors.debian.net/debian unstable
>> main contrib non-free
>> - dget http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/r/ruby-bcrypt/ruby-bcrypt_2.1.4-1.dsc
>>
>> I would be glad if someone uploaded this package for me.
>
> Could you enable tests?
Ok I've a doubt here. How do I enable the tests? Is it by providing
rspec in Depends? (It was there but it was commented out in control
file ). This may be a silly question but since I'm not a ruby guy I
may need a bit of help :)

> I think that this could require updating rspec to gem2deb packaging
> (yes, I know it's an hard process, but it's something someone must do
> anyway :( )

How can I help here. I saw the package is now named as librspec-ruby.
Also its not maitained by pkg-ruby-extras! Let me know

> Otherwise, it looks good.
>
> Thanks,
>
> - Lucas

Regards