Re: Ready for mass-migration to gem2deb!

On 17/04/11 at 16:04 +0200, Vincent Fourmond wrote:
>   Hi everyone !
>
> On Sun, Apr 17, 2011 at 3:48 PM, Lucas Nussbaum
> <lucas@lucas-nussbaum.net> wrote:
> > In case you didn't notice, we are now ready for a mass-migration to
> > gem2deb.
>
>   Great !
>
> > There are two pages to help you:
> > - http://pkg-ruby-extras.alioth.debian.org/wheezy/
> >  (and http://pkg-ruby-extras.alioth.debian.org/wheezy/details.html)
> >  This is the current status of the transition, updated daily.
> >
> > - http://wiki.debian.org/Teams/Ruby/RubyInWheezy
> >  This is supposed to document everything. As it's a wiki page, don't
> >  hesitate to contribute to improving it.
>
>   I'm ready to join the fun in, but there still something which isn't
> clear to me at this point: what is the status about "switching to git"
> ? I personally am happy with svn-buildpackage ;-)... Is there a real
> problem with performing the transition on the SVN repository -- or on
> new git repositories for those who wish to migrate their packages ?
>
>   That said, if the consensus is on using git, I won't object, I just
> think we'd spend time migrating the packages to gem2deb rather than to

Yes, I think that the consensus is also that we should switch to git
(even for existing packages).  With the mr-based workflow, it's not more
difficult to work with it than with svn.

>   Should one add the migrated packages to the .mrconfig file ?

Yes, even if it's not absolulely necessary to do it every time you add a
package, since there's a 'make-mrconfig' script that does the right
thing.

Please update the doc if you feel this needs clarification.

- Lucas