Re: Adding runners for salsa-ci?

Hi!

El 08/08/22 a las 12:47, Vagrant Cascadian escribió:
> On 2022-06-04, Bo YU wrote:
> > * Big thanks to debci team and PLCT
> > that must be satisfied if RISC-V becomes the release arch. Sure,
> > The RISC-V on Debian is still an unofficial port now and there is more work
> > to be done.
>
> I've recently been experimenting with salsa-ci for various packages, and
> it would be great to add a riscv64 build for u-boot:
>
>   https://salsa.debian.org/debian/u-boot/-/pipelines/408729
>
> It can in theory crossbuild for arm64, armhf and armel, but riscv64 is a
> little trickier since it is not yet a release architecture, and I
> haven't yet figured out how to configure it to allow debian-ports...
>

> I wonder what it would take to get some native riscv64 runners set up
> for salsa-ci:
>
>   https://salsa.debian.org/salsa-ci-team/pipeline

As of today, and gitlab runner 15.2: "GitLab Runner officially supported
binaries are available for the following architectures: x86, AMD64,
ARM64, ARM, s390x, ppc64le":

https://docs.gitlab.com/15.2/runner/install/

For the record, there is already a filed issue requesting riscv64
support:
https://gitlab.com/gitlab-org/gitlab-runner/-/issues/27562

> I haven't looked into it, but you can "bring your own" arm64 and armhf
> runners currently.

Indeed. If you have your own runner, you can enable ARM builds.

> live well,
>   vagrant

Cheers,

 -- Santiago