Re: riscv64 and qemu trunk

On Tue, Oct 23, 2018 at 02:20:34PM -0400, Dennis Clarke wrote:
> On 10/23/2018 01:55 PM, Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton wrote:
> > On Tue, Oct 23, 2018 at 6:23 PM Dennis Clarke <dclarke@blastwave.org> wrote:
> >
> > > Just saw this from Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton :
> > >
> > >   >    if i get really stuck i'll embed the riscv64 chroot within a
> > >   >    qemu-amd64 chroot, running a 4.18 kernel, and document how
> > >   >    it's done.
> > >
> > > Getting qemu built from fresh git is certainly doable and I have booted
> > > the ppc64 debian installer with it just fine.  Is there some page, or
> > > scratch notes or even just essential command line stuff to get basic
> > > cli or *anything* runnable inside a RISC-V qemu instance?
> >
> >   i found these two resources:
> >      https://wiki.debian.org/RISC-V#Qemu
> >      https://wiki.debian.org/RISC-V#Creating_a_riscv64_chroot
>
> Yep. I have looked there over and over.

Anything particular missing in there?

For setting up a complete networked virtual riscv64 machine with
qemu-system instead of "just" a chroot with qemu-user there is
also a step-by-step description at

  https://wiki.debian.org/RISC-V#Setting_up_a_riscv64_virtual_machine

It currently describes using a downstream 4.15 kernel with a
number of patches; I intend to update the kernel section within the
next days as upstream 4.19 has now been released and contains all
the necessary bits to run a riscv64 VM.

Regards,
Karsten
--
Gem. Par. 28 Abs. 4 Bundesdatenschutzgesetz widerspreche ich der Nutzung
sowie der Weitergabe meiner personenbezogenen Daten für Zwecke der