Re: Port added to debian-ports infrastructure during the weekend

On 2018-03-25, Manuel A. Fernandez Montecelo wrote:
> So basically packages from the arch are now added to debian-ports, and
> there are buildds busy building packages.  We're prioritising the ones
> needed for having basic systems, so we expect that people can start to
> use "debootstrap" and be mostly successful.  If not, please report
> and/or fix if possible :)

Huzzah!

> You'll need qemu-system, from upstream at the moment, and a kernel +
> bootloader.  Some people are creating those and putting them in
> people.d.o, hopefully they'll see the email and reply in the thread.

I've got qemu packages built from 2.12.0-rc0:

  deb http://cascadia.debian.net/~vagrant/debian UNRELEASED main

Both qemu-riscv64 (useful for an emulated chroot) and
qemu-system-riscv64 (for full system) seem to work reasonably
well... though you may need to reboot and/or be running linux 4.15.x on
the host machine for the emulated chroot features to work.

The packages are currently missing a trivial patch for qemu-debootstrap
to support riscv64:

live well,
  vagrant