Re: ELC access to hifive unleashed boards

"Manuel A. Fernandez Montecelo" <manuel.montezelo@gmail.com> writes:

> Even the most basic packages, like base-password, need support for the
> whole GTK ecosystem... and documentation of many packages requires the
> full texlive, so things are not easy.  But getting there ;)

I just looked at base-passwd, and it appears that it only needs the long
dep chain to build the docs?

On previous ports, I would create forked copies of packages like this,
whacking up the rules files and any associated configuration until I
could build .deb files that worked adequately to continue the
bootstrapping process.  It was annoying, but there was an adequately
strong argument in favor of being able to use advanced tools to do
things like create documentation for even base packages that there
probably isn't a cleaner way?  Just set the debian/changelog entry to
have a version string that sorts prior to the current actual version
(use of ~ can help) and any place you install the hacked package will
eventually clean itself up...

Bdale