Re: docbook for papers/theses

On Thu, Feb 01, 2007 at 02:47:24PM +0000, martin f krafft wrote:
> If you're going to be passing it to LaTeX anyway, why use Docbook?
> Why do people even bother? What are the alleged advantages?

As I wrote, because the final output quality of "direct" transformations
from Docbook to PDF (which means Docbook -> XSL-FO -> PDF) is not as
good as Docbook -> LaTeX -> PDF final result.

It's worth noticing that if you have access to a commercial formatter
for XSL-FO you'll probably be able to obtain LaTeX-like quality without
passing through LaTeX.

Cheers.