Re: MPICH as default MPI; WAS: MPI debugging workflows

On 07/12/2018 12:49, Alastair McKinstry wrote:
> Looking into it further, I'm reluctant now to move to mpich for buster as the
> default. One was the experience of the openmpi3 transition, shaking out many
> issues.
Ack. Given how long it took to complete the last transition and how many
packages failed to build on a few architectures but not others (which
complicates rebuild testing as packages may build on amd64 but then fail on
other arches during the transition) I would be very hesitant to ack this
transition at this stage.

So let's release with openmpi as the default and if you want to change it for
bullseye we can do that.

Cheers,
Emilio