Requesting decision on webkitgtk removal from testing, related to swt-gtk

At the end of October, I uploaded an NMU for swt-gtk to drop its
unnecessary Build-Depends on webkitgtk. Only hours before the package
was set to migrate to Testing so I could ask the Release Team to
remove webkitgtk from Testing, Adrian Bunk uploaded a NMU to *add* a
depends on libwebkitgtk-1.0-0 (previously it was an undeclared
dependency). I responded by opening RC bug 880470 since swt-gtk is now
the only package keeping webkitgtk in Testing. This has now prevented
either NMU from reaching Testing.

eclipse is the only reverse-depends of swt-gtk in Testing. I think
it's widely known that Eclipse is so ancient in Debian as to not be
very useful. However, it can't easily be removed either because there
are hundreds of packages in its rdepends chain. It also is a very big
project to update Eclipse to a current version.

I believe that the Release Team can choose to ignore certain bugs that
would otherwise be RC.

I request that the Release Team investigate the situation. I propose
that bug 879170 be ignored for Buster and that I be allowed to revert
the swt-gtk 3.8.2-4.2 NMU. After ~5 days, swt-gtk should migrate to
Testing, meaning that webkitgtk would no longer have any reverse
dependencies or build-dependencies in Testing and webkitgtk should be
removed from Testing then.