About packages that depend on mysql-* / mariadb / virtual-mysql-*

Hello release team!

The meeting minutes from last month gave me the impression that you
will eventually ask me to do something regarding MySQL/MariaDB:
http://meetbot.debian.net/debian-release/2016/debian-release.2016-01-27-18.59.html

"ACTION: jmw will mail release team and include pkg-mysql-maint about
moving to mariadb dependencies"

I just wanted to let you know, that I am available to help you with
whatever you intend to request. So far I haven't though seen any
communication from the release team regarding this topic.

What is the status?

- Otto

Additional details about current dependencies:

# Dependency review

There are 289 packages that include any mysql-5.6
originated binary package in their dependencies. If libmysqlclient18
is excluded and only actual important Depends is only considered, the
list is 50 packages long.

# Debian sid 31.1.2016:

apt-cache rdepends -i libmysqld-dev libmysqld-pic mysql-client
mysql-client-5.6 mysql-client-core-5.6 mysql-common mysql-server
mysql-server-5.6 mysql-server-core-5.6 mysql-source-5.6
mysql-testsuite mysql-testsuite-5.6 | grep -v '^[ ]*mysql-' | grep '^
' | cut -c 3- | sort -u

acidbase
akonadi-backend-mysql
audiolink