Re: D-I Stretch Alpha 1: block-udeb * for a few days?

Hi,

Niels Thykier <niels@thykier.net> (2015-07-13):
> On 2015-07-13 01:36, Cyril Brulebois wrote:
> > Hello release team,
> >
> > Now that linux is built on all archs, we're able to contemplate a d-i
> > release. I'm wondering whether enabling all block-udeb entries from the
> > freeze hints file would be appropriate to make sure that no last moment
> > update reaches testing while finishing up the Alpha 1 preparation.
> >

> Seems reasonable to me.

ACK, thanks. I'll put it in place after this morning's run.

> At first glance, the only affected transition I can see would be
> linux-tools (and even then, it sounds like you are udeb unblocking
> everything affected).

linux-tools(-4.0) doesn't ship any udeb, so shouldn't be affected at
all?

> > On a related note, it might be worth considering aging linux, it's
> > been in a suitable state for a while, except for the FTBFS on
> > ppc64el. I've put kernel maintainers in copy accordingly.
>
> It seems like 4.0.8-1 builds on all architectures and just need aging.
> :)

It has had my eyes on it for a while, and green lights are the very
reason for my mail. ;)

Mraw,
KiBi.