Re: ilmbase 2.2.0-x upload to sid

On 05/07/15 18:38, Mathieu Malaterre wrote:
> On Sun, Jul 5, 2015 at 6:32 PM, Andreas Metzler <ametzler@bebt.de> wrote:
>
>> On 2015-07-05 Mathieu Malaterre <malat@debian.org> wrote:
>>> I am planning on uploading ilmbase 2.2.0-x to sid. The only rdepends is
>>> openexr, so it should not impact anyone. This way I'll be able to upload
>>> openexr 2.2.0-1 to experimental since it requires ilmbase >= 2.2.0
>>
>> Hello,
>>
>> I do not get the reasoning, you can upload openexr 2.2.0-1 to
>> experimental now. Packages in experimental may (build-)depend on
>>  packages in experimental.
>>

> The buildd will not do anything since they will pull the package from sid
> (AFAIK), making the upload pretty much useless.

If you make the build-dependency "libilmbase-dev (>= 2.2.0)" then it will be
pulled in from experimental.

>> Also ilmbase actually /has/ a number of rdepends apart from openexr:
>> ametzler@argenau:~/GIT/writing/hugin$ grep-dctrl -FDepends libilmbase -s \
>>   Package -n \
>>
>> /chroots/sid/var/lib/apt/lists/ftp.de.debian.org_debian_dists_sid_main_binary-i386_Packages
>> |\
>>   par 72
>> libaqsis1 blender calligra-libs krita darktable edisplay exactimage
>> libexactimage-perl php5-exactimage python-exactimage exrtools
>> libfreeimage3 fyre libgegl-0.2-0 gmic gstreamer1.0-plugins-bad
>> hugin-tools libilmbase-dev kdelibs5-plugins kimageformat-plugins
>> libvigraimpex4 luminance-hdr nip2 libnvtt-bin libnvtt2
>> libopencv-highgui2.4 libopenexr-dev libopenexr6 openexr openexr-viewers
>> libopenimageio1.5 openimageio-tools libopenvdb-tools libopenvdb3.0
>> python-openvdb pfstools pink-pony povray libsynfig0 libvips-tools
>> libvips38 python-vipscc
>>
>> None of them actually Build-Depends on libilmbase-dev, but instead
> libopenexr-dev.

That doesn't matter all that much, as they will need to be rebuilt, and there
are conflicts with many other transitions (see
https://release.debian.org/transitions/html/auto-ilmbase.html).

Please test that the rdeps build fine and open a transition bug report with the
results.

Cheers,
Emilio