Re: DSA concerns for jessie architectures (mips*)

On Mon, Jun 24, 2013 at 5:29 PM, Paul Wise <pabs@debian.org> wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 24, 2013 at 4:51 PM, Peter Palfrader wrote:
>
>> If our existing eight-year old hardware is the only mips machines we can
>> reasonably get then that doesn't bode well for mips.  We don't think
>> relying on the SWARMs (alone) is an option.
>
> Perhaps Calvium will interested in providing newer hardware now that
> there is a MIPS N64 GSoC project underway. They offered some decent
> hardware last year in association with such a port:
>
> http://lists.debian.org/debian-mips/2012/02/msg00001.html
> http://wiki.debian.org/SummerOfCode2013/Projects#MIPS_N32.2FN64_ABI_port
> http://wiki.debian.org/SummerOfCode2013/StudentApplications/EleanorChen

I believe Cavium's David Daney is on debian-mips, we can talk to him
to see if there is any possibility of making donation.

As for the GSoC project, the student seems to not get access to the
hardware Cavium offered, nor the main mentor (Cc'ed), so there is no
feedback about stability/other stuff about those hardware.

Regards,
Aron