Re: [Pkg-owncloud-maintainers] Dropping owncloud from Wheezy?

Hi

Also forwarding/quoting Lukas Reschke's mail here on debian-release
(it was sent on pkg-owncloud-maintainers maintainer list):

----cut---------cut---------cut---------cut---------cut---------cut-----
Hey all,

> This is a grave concern. Having OC5 in Wheezy is just not going to be an
> option; having to carry security support on our own for three years for 4.0.x
> equally so.

I have to support that what Tom said - we (upstream) just can't
guarantee to support stable4 for such along period.

ownCloud is maturing in a very fast way, a lot of code changed what is
really cool and exciting, but to be honest we're just too few people
to support three different versions upstream and stable4 is - compared
to our newer releases ... let's say it in a nice way ... "not that
good" ;-)

In the future, we might consider to release a LTS version with long
term support, however this certainly won't be ownCloud 4 nor ownCloud
4.5.

To say it in other words: I'm tempted to say that we're going to drop
the support of stable4 with the release of ownCloud 6.0 in a few
months. - It's already a lot of work to support 3 versions, it would
be unreasonable to support 4.

Thanks,
Lukas

--