Re: Squeeze point release (6.0.6)

On Fri, 2012-09-28 at 06:56 +0200, Thijs Kinkhorst wrote:
> On Thu, September 27, 2012 22:38, Adam D. Barratt wrote:
> >> unstable

Of course there aren't ia64 packages in unstable any more, so this would
only need the maintainer amd64 upload.

> >> scheme...
> >>
> >> Right... this worked in the past but fails now there's been some action
> >> on
> >> ia32-libs in sid. I can upload a new version (20120102+squeeze1 I
> >> propose), do you need to reject the current upload first?
> >
> > It's already in proposed-updates, so out of our hands to do anything
> > about it; we can't reject it and a new upload to p-u would need a higher
> > version than what's currently there. :-(
>
> Let me know when I can do something.
>
> FWIW, there has already been a proposal to epoch the sid version of
> ia32-libs for different reasons (#688915), so perhaps the route to accept
> this version in squeeze and wheezy may be viable.

Is adding the epoch any more involved than just changing the version
number, from a packaging point of view?  If not, then doing that today
would indeed be one way out of the issue, depending on your opinion of
doing so, with your maintainer hat on.

Apologies for not spotting the problem before accepting the
packages. :-(

Regards,

Adam