Re: unblock policyd-weight/0.1.15.2-3

On 20.09.2012 09:33, Werner Detter wrote:
I've just recreated a policyd-weight package (0.1.15.2-4). The new package already entered unstable, it includes a new quilt-patch which removes several DNSBL's from rfc-ignorant.org due to a service shutdown of the rfc-ignorant.org lists on 2012-11-30. The Announcement from the list operators can be found here: http://rfc-ignorant.org/endofanera.php

We should fix this in stable too.

I totally agree as there is another list in the stable package that also needs to be removed. (I've completely recreated the policyd-weight package for 0.1.15.2-* after the adoption). The following patches from 0.1.15.2-4
should be backported to the stable package:

06_del_non_func_ipv6_dnsbl.patch
07_del_rfc-ignorant.org.patch

Thanks for the information.

There's a point release scheduled in the near future, for which the acceptance window closes over the coming weekend. Would you be able to prepare an updated package for stable and attach a debdiff to an appropriately user-tagged bug? (reportbug will do most of the work on getting
the bug right for you.)

Alternatively, I'd be quite happy to prepare the update using your patch if you'd prefer.

I'm not sure about the right steps here (probably create a bugreport,
recreate
the package with the mentioned patches from 0.1.15.2-4, debdiff and upload to $somewhere?). Just let me know how to go on with package for stable :)

Not too far off. :-)

Take the stable package, make the necessary changes and create a changelog stanza for 0.1.15.1-2+squeeze1 with distribution "squeeze". Build that in a stable chroot (or on a stable system) and generate a debdiff against 0.1.15.1-2 (i.e. the package currently in squeeze). Then "reportbug release.debian.org", select "pu" and follow the prompts. If that doesn't ask you to attach the debdiff, please do so anyway. :-)

Regards,

Adam