Re: need the latest version for 2012 tax declaration

Version: 0.18-1

Toni Mueller wrote:
> On Fri, Jul 13, 2012 at 10:16:38AM -0500, Jonathan Nieder wrote:
>> Toni Mueller wrote:

>>> I only discovered today that closing the bug was premature, and the
>>> wrong way to go.
>>
>> I don't follow.  Does 0.18-1 not fix the bug?
>
> it does. I have probably made a mistake, though, but I wanted to have
> this package flow into Wheezy, when it appeared to be stuck in
> unstable. That's why I thought that the bug should be open, instead of
> closed.
>
> Can you please make it go into Wheezy?

Ok, thanks.  As long as the bug is not fixed in the version in wheezy,
it will block the release.  Closing it actually helps because it lets
the release team know that there is a fixed version.

At [1] I see that the updated package is missing binaries on some
architectures:

  out of date on i386: taxbird (from 0.16-0.2)
  out of date on armel: taxbird (from 0.16-0.2)
  out of date on armhf: taxbird (from 0.16-0.2)
  out of date on powerpc: taxbird (from 0.16-0.2)
  out of date on sparc: taxbird (from 0.16-0.2)

At [2] we see the underlying problem --- the package fails to build
from source:

  http://bugs.debian.org/656505

Once an upload fixes that bug and the autobuilders have had time to
build it, the package would presumably migrate to wheezy.  Perhaps you
know someone who could upload the fix from

  http://stuff.der-marv.de/debian/taxbird/0.18-2/

?

Thanks and hope that helps,
Jonathan