Re: haskell-cryptocipher (+yesod) entangled with pandoc

Hi,

Am Montag, den 02.07.2012, 17:35 +0200 schrieb Joachim Breitner:
> haskell-cryptocipher has stopped building on powerpc. The problem is a
> a compiler issue, but we have no fix available
> (http://hackage.haskell.org/trac/ghc/ticket/6156). This prevents the
> following list of packages from (re-)entering wheezy. As we’d rather
> release with them on all arches but powerpc than on no arches at all,
> I’m requestion removal of all powerpc binaries of the following packages from unstable:
>
> [..]

the packages have been removed and we could almost have yesod back in
wheezy, but it seems that it got entangled with pandoc (haskell-hakyll
depends on haskell-cryptohash and pandoc).

pandoc is finished aging in 10 days and covered by the freeze exception.
Unfortunately, upstream has enabled threaded builds for that version
which fails on sparc and other arches. The change can be reverted (and
upstream has done that already):
http://lists.debian.org/debian-haskell/2012/07/msg00006.html

So we need another pandoc upload removing the use of the threaded
runtime (Jonas?), then apply for a freeze exception and then get pandoc
_and_ yesod into wheezy.

Greetings,
Joachim

--