Re: Futur status of RoarAudio packages

reflum,

On Wed, 2012-06-27 at 10:30 +0100, Neil McGovern wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 26, 2012 at 09:06:12PM +0200, Philipp Schafft wrote:
> > >   I have no preference either way, as long as the package complies with release
> > >   policy, then it may be included in the release.
> > >
> > Your answer isn't very helpfull to me as it is. So I have some
> > questions:
>
> I think that's because we don't have a strong opinion either way.
>
> >       * If I want to go for keeping it in debian (what I of cause prefer
> >         and will do my very best) will you 0) allow uploads while in
> >         freeze for packages readding RoarAudio support, 1) will you
> >         suggest to do this to people who removed it because of Ron?
> >         (Statement on this ML will of cause do, just something I can
> >         link).
>
> We will allow *unblocks* which comply with the wheezy freeze policy[0],
> on a case by case basis.  I am NOT going to issue a statement other than
> that, and will NOT direct maintainers in this matter.
>
> Your argument with Ron is something that (as I indicated earlier) needs
> to be solved in unstable, or via the tech-ctte if you're not getting
> anywhere (I believe that there was a similar bug already open, but I
> could be wrong).
>
> For avoidence of doubt, the release team are not getting involved in
> your argument. Please take it elsewhere.
>
> >       * If your answer to one of the above question is 'no' I don't feel
> >         like spending time on this will help anybody. I suggested to
> >         file RMs but you asked to keep them. Shell I just orphan them
> >         instead?
> >
> > Please do not get me wrong: I'm very interested in maintainig the
> > packages and ensure they are in a good shape, but I'm not interested in
> > maintaining perfectly useless packages.
> >

> If the packages are actually useless, I would suggest RM bugs are the
> best way to go.

Thank you for your infos.

I will file RM requests (also for unstable as I don't see how the
situation could be resolved this way) as soon (still wating for the-me
to be back from holidays). Also will leave the Debian project as I'm not
willing to waste more time in this and earn the frustation of my users.
They are already complaining upstream.

--
Philipp.
 (Rah of PH2)