[Date Prev][Date Next] [Thread Prev][Thread Next] [Date Index] [Thread Index]

Re: Pending freeze and packages pending upload

On Wed, Jun 27, 2012 at 01:21:30PM +0100, Roger Leigh wrote:
> Uploaded.  There may be a point release with translation updates
> and potentially minor bugfixes at some point in the next month or so.

Great, thanks.

> > gutenprint 5.2.8
> >   This is a point release with a large number of new printer
> >   models being supported.  It was released 2 days ago, but we've
> >   been waiting on it for months.  Quite important for including
> >   with wheezy for contemporary printer support.  I will package
> >   it this weekend.
> This is done, but I found that upstream accidentally bumped the
> major version of the libgutenprint2 ABI.  They are planning to release
> 5.2.9 with my patches for correcting the mistake.  They should do this
> by the weekend, but it's possible this will miss the freeze deadline.
> It would be good to have a freeze exception for this--the work is all
> done and tested, just waiting on the update from upstream.  I can
> apply my patches directly to the 5.2.8 release any upload now, or I
> could wait for them to release properly.

I would suggest uploading the patched version and then updating to
increase the amount of testing it receives.

> > Additionally:
> > sbuild.  I'll be working on this once the above two are done.  It's
> > not had much work done on it over the last year due to lack of time
> > finishing my PhD and moving jobs, but it does need some bugs fixing
> > for wheezy.  This won't have impact on anything else.  It would be
> > great if this could be considered for wheezy after the freeze starts
> > because it's unlikely I'll have time until then to start work on it.
> sbuild is often used by developers who are running stable to build
> packages for unstable.  So it's important that the stable sbuild be
> able to support all the features needed during wheezy+1 (at least as
> far as that is possible).  I definitely won't have this done for the
> freeze--I've got to get sysvinit fixed as a priority.  It's functional
> as it stands, but could be better--there are quite a number of bugs
> I'd like to get addressed for wheezy.

If there's important fixes to apply, these can be managed with some
small updates. Have a look at
http://release.debian.org/wheezy/freeze_policy.html which is in DRAFT
form until we freeze of an idea of what may be accepted.


Reply to: