Re: The status of desktop-base in wheezy

Adam D. Barratt <adam@adam-barratt.org.uk> (22/06/2012):
> On 21.06.2012 21:08, Paul Tagliamonte wrote:
> > As many of you know, we're tragically close to freeze. As a result,
> > the usual process of voting, debating and picking a theme via
> > consensus is not really possible. There was also a distinct lack of
> > interest in such a process, as well.
> >
> > I've taken it upon myself to start getting desktop-base into shape
> > for wheezy.
>
> Many thanks for handling this.

Indeed, I'm very happy you took my “suggestion” into account. ;-)

> > * Once it's in good shape, or directly before freeze, an upload to
> >   unstable will be targeted.
>
> Please don't rush the changes in order to make the freeze date.
> Getting exceptions for updates introducing the new artwork won't be
> an issue (well, unless you leave them until the week before release,
> but don't do that :P).

If you can come up with a pointer to some doc (writing it if needed)
about the affected packages, that would be nice. I'll be trying to
release d-i beta 1 this week-end, and I might be interested in picking
(or avoiding) a few changes of yours. ;-)

(I didn't check the d-i wiki pages yet, maybe it's there already.)

Mraw,
KiBi.