Re: [SRM] Approval for finish-install_2.28squeeze1

On Sat, Feb 19, 2011 at 03:44:41PM +0100, Martin Zobel-Helas wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Sat Feb 19, 2011 at 15:36:06 +0100, Aurelien Jarno wrote:
> > Dear stable release managers,
> >
> > I would like to fix a bug in finish-install, which doesn't enable the
> > serial console on MIPS Swarm machines during installation, as the serial
> > devices are called duart0 or duart1 instead of tty*. This bug is quite
> > important to fix as these machines are used as build daemons in Debian,
> > and thus should be able to be reinstalled easily.
> >
> > Please consider the diff below for finish-install in stable.
>
> I think that needs also be fixed in login, so duart0/1 are also enabled
> in /etc/securetty.

The code in finish-install adds the serial console used during the
installation in /etc/securetty if not already present, so that would
work. That said, I agree it would be better to ship a securetty already
containing duart0/duart1 in login.

--
Aurelien Jarno	                        GPG: 1024D/F1BCDB73