Re: Library transition libnifti1 -> libnifti2

On Wed, Jul 21, 2010 at 09:11:00PM +0100, Adam D. Barratt wrote:
> On Sun, 2010-07-18 at 19:06 -0400, Michael Hanke wrote:
> > The nifti1 library (src:nifticlib) has a bug (#587912) regarding its
> > handling of large compressed files. The bug is fixed upstream, but
> > requires an SO version bump, due to changes in the ABI. Upstream will
> > make a release shortly and I'd like to update the Debian package ASAP.
> > Most rdependent packages are maintained by the NeuroDebian team anyway,
> > and we would coordinate the transition with ourselves to make it quick ;-)
>
> I notice that this has now been uploaded.  Will any of the r-deps
> (included again below) require sourceful uploads, or could we handle
> them all via binNMUs?
>
> >   dicomnifti
> >   fsl
> >   fslview
> >   gifticlib
> >   lipsia
> >   odin
> >   python-nifti

All these will have sourceful uploads either bringing a new upstream
release, fixing a bug, other pending packaging updates, or combinations
thereof. All new source packages are ready and I'm waiting for the
library to become available.

> >   xmedcon

This package build-depends on 'libnifti1-dev' which is no longer
provided, hence a sourceful upload is also required. The maintainer is
informed, but hasn't responded yet. I will file a bug with a patch.

Thanks,

Michael

--
GPG key:  1024D/3144BE0F Michael Hanke