Re: Re: blacs-mpi/scalapack transition

On Thu, 20 May 2010 00:09:17 -0430, Muammar El Khatib wrote:
> 2010/5/19 Adam C Powell IV <hazelsct@debian.org>:

> >> Luk, thanks for pointing out this bug which was recently filed.  I had
> >> not seen it, and was unaware of this issue blocking blacs-mpi and
> >> scalapack from entering testing.  I'm closing my bug against
> >> release.debian.org .
> >
> > It's been another four months since an upload which fixed this problem.
> > There are no open bugs against blacs-mpi, scalapack, or mumps.
> >
> > Any ideas on why they're still not transitioning?  Is there an old
> > binary package blocking migration?
> >

> Regarding, scalapack and blacs-pvm, I did other uploads where I fixed
> some problems into debian/control file in both of them. Now, I will be
> doing an upload of blacs-mpi, soon. Looking at the 'excuses' pages of
> the packages blacs-mpi still is the blocker¹:
>
> * trying to update blacs-mpi from 1.1-28 to 1.1-28.2 (candidate is 370 days old)
> * Updating blacs-mpi makes 1 depending packages uninstallable on i386:
> blacs-pvm-test
> * Updating blacs-mpi makes 6 non-depending packages uninstallable on
> i386: scalapack-lam-dev, scalapack-lam-test, scalapack-mpich-dev,
> scalapack-mpich-test, scalapack1-lam, scalapack1-mpich

I just tried installing blacs-pvm-test in unstable and it worked fine.
The others in the above list don't seem to exist in unstable any more,
but may be lingering in testing.

Does blacs-pvm need to be hinted together with blacs-mpi and scalapack?

> I have taken a look at blacs-mpi and I don't see anything wrong on it.
> Anyways, this package was built one year ago. Maybe it is needed to
> rebuilt it again into the new conditions in unstable. Adam, would you
> sponsor this upload?

I'd be glad to, but let's figure out what's wrong before putting the
time into another build and upload.

> 1. http://release.debian.org/migration/testing.pl?package=blacs-mpi

-Adam

Engineering consulting with open source tools
http://www.opennovation.com/