Re: Transition: libjpeg6b with versionned symbols

On Tue, May 18, 2010 at 09:50:29PM +0200, Julien Cristau wrote:
> On Tue, May 18, 2010 at 21:13:25 +0200, Bill Allombert wrote:
>
> > Dear Debian release team,
> >
> > I like to do a transition to libjpeg6b-with-versionned symbols before
> > the freeze to open the possibility for moving to libjpeg8 in squeeze+1.
> >
> Has there been any attempt to discuss the libjpeg/LSB issues with
> upstream, other distributors and/or the LSB folks?

Well, at this stage I have discussed with upstream. There is a new (non
Debian specific) tarball prepared that provides versionned symbols by
default.

I will try to contact other libjpeg maintainers in other distributions.

Bill. <ballombe@debian.org>

Imagine a large red swirl here.