Re: ghc6 still fails to build on ia64; what to do?

Hi,

Am Sonntag, den 14.02.2010, 14:46 +0100 schrieb Marc 'HE' Brockschmidt:
> Luk Claes <luk@debian.org> writes:
> > Kari Pahula wrote:
> >> The lack of ghc6 on ia64 has kept it from testing since 6.10.1.  I
> >> never got it built with a 6.10 compiler but seems like we're pretty
> >> close to getting there with 6.12.  Is it impossible that there's
> >> something wrong with the buildd?  Could I just upload the package that
> >> I built on merulo?  Any advice on this?
> > Yes, you can upload the package that builds on merulo as you obviously
> > tested it quite well.
> >
> > It is possible thqt there is something wrong with the buildd, though it
> > would be good to see if the haskell packages compile ok with the
> > compiler you built on merulo, so please upload and we could try to
> > rebuild ghc6 on the buildd afterwards.
>
> Well, building of -9 failed again, so I guess the bootstrapping is not
> the only problem. Note that merulo is slightly newer than caballero
> (Madison core vs. the older McKinley core), so the differences we are
> seeing might be related to this. Perhaps someone from the ia64 porters
> could shed some light on this?

Are there porters on d-release, or should someone actually notify them
about this problem?

Assuming nobody steps up to fix this, or nobody is able to, what is the
plan B: Somewhen the Haskell packages will be ready on the other arches
(there are issues to sort out until then, but solvable ones). Will we
just remove the ia64 haskell packages then?

Greetings,
Joachim

--
Joachim "nomeata" Breitner