[SRM] D-I: major update of choose-mirror for stable

Hi,

I've just uploaded version 2.28lenny4 of choose-mirror for stable.
The new version includes major code changes which have been backported from
the version recently uploaded to unstable.

The changes are needed because previous versions of choose-mirror do not
support oldstable or archive.d.o, especially when installing in expert
mode, because the release selection dialog that is displayed only allows
selection of stable, testing and unstable [1]; it does not allow selection
of oldstable or selection based on codename.

Another issue with previous versions of choose-mirror is that if the
desired release is not available on the selected mirror, choose-mirror
will silently select the "next best" release that is available, which can
lead to unexpected results.

The new version is a *lot* more flexible in that regard and will display
both suite and codename in the selection dialog.

The backport is fairly large as some functions needed to be rewritten.
Changes in dialogs have been avoided in the backport in order not to
invalidate existing translations; exception is the addition of one string
for the suite "oldstable".

I have excluded a few of the cleanups that were included in the new
unstable version, but not all. Reason is that I judged it safer to
minimize the diff between the Lenny and Squeeze versions than to add
(artificial) changes to the backport to reduce the size of the diff
against the current version in stable.

The changes have been tested and reviewed extensively.

Please accept the new version for the next stable point release. Added
benefit is that the mirror list is updated to the current status.

Note that an upload of debian-installer for stable will be required to get
the changes included for all installation methods!

Unless there are objections I will also backport the changes for Etch as
that version has the same issues and I think it's worth having the better
support for installs from archive.d.o after Etch is moved there.

Cheers,
FJP

[1] The patch included in the previous stable update only partially fixed
this problem and has been reverted in the new version.