Re: UNS: Re: lenny-and-a-half?

On Sun, Nov 22, 2009 at 04:45:16PM +0100, Luk Claes wrote:
> So any input on what new hardware support is missing is appreciated and
> even more if it's not possible to have that in a general point release
> (too much changes or too much risk of breakage without going to a newer
> kernel for instance).

Thanks, Luk.  Part of what prompted my mail was some recent experiences
with e1000 and bxn2 hardware that was not supported by the lenny kernel.
Unfortunately, these were client machines that are now in production and
to which I no longer have free access for testing.  I'll see what I can
come up with, on that front.  I also switched to a newer kernel version
on my Thinkpad x300 due to buggy hardware support.  Bugs weren't filed
at that time, though, since it was clear that the problems had already
been fixed upstream.  Again, I'll see what I can come up with in terms
of specific issues that would be nice to fix in stable.

Thus far, from my point of view, the lenny kernel has done remarkably
well in terms of hardware support.

noah