Re: lenny-and-a-half?

* Noah Meyerhans <noahm@debian.org> [2009-11-20 16:58]:
> Hi all.  Is there work under way for a lenny-and-a-half release?  Is
> there a wiki page or other resource listing ongoing tasks, progress,
> calls for help, etc?  I know about http://wiki.debian.org/LennyAndAHalf,
> but thus far it doesn't have much content.

Since nobody else has responded and I have an interest in
lenny-and-a-half, let me share my impression of the current status:
when the December freeze was announced, some members of the kernel
team said that lenny-and-a-half doesn't make sense.  This position has
apparently not changed even after the freeze has been moved to March.
So afaik nobody is working on lenny-and-a-half at the moment.

If you're willing to put in some effort I guess the next step would be
ask the security and release team whether they'd support it.

I'm personally interested in lenny-and-a-half and would be happy to
ensure that it works well on ARM.
--
Martin Michlmayr
http://www.cyrius.com/