Re: Upstream fixes in haproxy

Le vendredi 13 novembre 2009 à 13:28 +0000, Adam D. Barratt a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> I noticed that you've uploaded your package in the meantime.  Looking at
> the diff, I noticed that there are 31 patches mentioned in the
> changelog, rather than the 20 you mentioned.  If the patch filenames are

10 were in the previous version in stable already. modulus refresh.

> correct, then only two of them actually qualify as "critical" as
> mentioned in the changelog (with one of the remainder being "medium").
>
> Do you consider that all of the bugs in question are important enough to
> be fixed in stable with no likelihood of breaking existing
> installations?  The comments attached to one of the patches, for
> example, indicate that the bug it fixes is "wrong (but apparently
> harmless)".

I do believe these patches will not break existing installations.
Upstream has been maintaining a branch with only fixes, that is now well
tested on many non-debian systems. Almost of the bugs that are fixed
here put production in danger.

You do raise the case of two fixes that could probably be dropped. I
would like to try to keep all upstream patches tagged bug, critical or
medium for simplicity, as this looks reasonnable with this upstream.

Arnaud Cornet