Re: Time-based freezes

also sprach Luk Claes <luk@debian.org> [2009.11.11.1859 +0100]:
> As far as I have seen it was not the message, but the title that was wrong.
>
> > There are still media expecting us to freeze in December.
>
> We did send another announcement [1] to rectify that.
>
> > The media seem to think that what happened in July was officially
> > sanctioned (due to it being an official press announcement). Ever
> > since, a lot of discussion, the decision was reverted, and
> > a tentative freeze date announced. No announcement about any of this
> > was made, so you cannot really blame the media for assuming that the
> > goals of July are still current.
>
> There was another announcement [1].
>
> > Does this make sense and explain my motivation now?
>
> Not really. There was another press announcement [1] and as far as
> I've seen the media used indeed sometimes wrong titles, but the
> focus if not all of their message was around time based freezes
> and not so much about any particular date.

Hm, strange. I cannot recall the article(s) that made me write my
initial message. It definitely seemed like this announcement was
never seen or absorbed by anyone. Maybe the two were too close to
each other.

So http://lists.debian.org/debian-announce/2009/msg00010.html
together with the announcement about a tentative goal March is still
current?

--
 .''`.   martin f. krafft <madduck@d.o>      Related projects:
: :'  :  proud Debian developer               http://debiansystem.info

"those who are faithful know only the trivial side of love:
 it is the faithless who know love's tragedies."
                                                        -- oscar wilde