Re: Time-based freezes

martin f krafft wrote:
> also sprach Luk Claes <luk@debian.org> [2009.11.11.1828 +0100]:
>>> Any reaction to this?
>> This seems like an invitation to get whatever statement to attack.
>
> No, I wasn't going to attack anything. Sorry, I should have made
> that clear maybe. I just want a baseline on which to formulate a new
> press statement.
>
>> What are the reasons you want an updated statement? The media
>> coverage on the time based freezes does not seem wrong to me or am
>> I missing something?
>
> You mean apart from the media that missed the "freeze" part of the
> regularity and think that Debian will be doing time-based
> *releases*?

As far as I have seen it was not the message, but the title that was wrong.

> There are still media expecting us to freeze in December.

We did send another announcement [1] to rectify that.

> The media seem to think that what happened in July was officially
> sanctioned (due to it being an official press announcement). Ever
> since, a lot of discussion, the decision was reverted, and
> a tentative freeze date announced. No announcement about any of this
> was made, so you cannot really blame the media for assuming that the
> goals of July are still current.

There was another announcement [1].

> Does this make sense and explain my motivation now?

Not really. There was another press announcement [1] and as far as I've
seen the media used indeed sometimes wrong titles, but the focus if not
all of their message was around time based freezes and not so much about
any particular date.

Cheers

Luk

[1] http://lists.debian.org/debian-announce/2009/msg00010.html