[Date Prev][Date Next] [Thread Prev][Thread Next] [Date Index] [Thread Index]

scheduling an ICU transition

I'd like to go ahead and schedule a transition to ICU 4.0.1.  I've had
4.0 in experimental for some time, and my original plan was to just
wait for 4.2 before doing a transition, but 4.2 is still several weeks
out and there are packages, like OpenOffice, that really need 4.0.  I
have the ICU packages structured so that, for most if not all its
reverse dependencies, a simple rebuild should be sufficient for doing
the transition.  The dev package name doesn't change, and 4.0 is
source-compatible with 3.8.

Does the release team have any objection to my uploading ICU 4.0.1 to
unstable and requesting a transition to the new version?


Reply to: