Re: I'd consider this bug very serious

On Thu, 05 Feb 2009, Michael Meskes wrote:
> severity 514132 grave
> thanks
>
> I beg to disagree. This bug will break a lot (my personal guess is about 80%)
> of postgresql clusters as the setup Bernd describes is a de facto standard.

Do you mean that it is a regression compared to etch ? If yes, I agree
that it should be RC.

> Therefore I consider grave as the right severity. However, I do not want to
> play bug tracking ping-pong, I just upgraded is this one time so it does not
> fly under the radar and CCed debian-release so they can tell us what to do.

I don't care for the severity, it's just that without further information
the bug doesn't fall into any case covered by severities serious and above.
And in any case, it's best if the bug is fixed but I doubt that RM will
block the release if it's not fixed in time…

Raphaël Hertzog