Re: network-manager for laptop users who install desktop task as well.

On mar, 2008-11-25 at 17:25 +0800, Andrew Lee wrote:
> I just tested Frans' Lenny D-I test build for LXDE+Xfce CD image with
> LXDE installation. After installation, I found wicd is not available
> in
> lenny, so I installed network-manager manually, and it didn't bring
> too
> much additional package installed. So I think network-manager-gnome is
> currently the best solution with LXDE in Lenny.

Xfce task currently installs gconf and some GNOME stuff because of gdm
(wanted) and a weird dependency “bug” bringing notification-daemon
because of the recommends from libnotify1a. But on a desktop with only
Xfce and slim, for example (so no GNOME stuff), it's way to invasive to
bring network-manager-gnome. Wicd works fine on unstable, so I'm
considering it for squeeze (that or airconfig, an Xfce project for the
wlan management, which may evolve in a network-manager frontend).

Yves-Alexis