Re: Some unblock requests, again

Le mardi 18 novembre 2008 à 20:01 +0100, Sven Joachim a écrit :
> > I really can’t reproduce #505994. Maybe you should check the symbolic
> > links and files in /etc/fonts; with enabled_bitmaps=true, the
> > configuration should be exactly the same between 2.6.0-1 and -3.
>
> Well, here is the listing of /etc/fonts with 2.6.0-1:

> Apart from /etc/fonts/conf.avail/70-yes-bitmaps.conf and the new symlink
> in /etc/fonts/conf.d to it there seems to be no difference.

Indeed; which means the configuration should be exactly the same.

Apparently this is caused by the missing cache for bitmap fonts after
running dpkg-reconfigure. So this means we need to re-run fc-cache -fs
after a reconfigure in fontconfig-config - a bug that was already here
before that change.

Unfortunately I don’t know of a means to reliably detect whether we’re
reconfiguring. Maybe by checking if fontconfig is in "installed" state,
but I feel this would be hackish.

--
 .''`.