xerces-c in lenny?

A thought just occurred to me....Xerces-C 3.0.0 was released several
weeks ago.  I haven't bothered to upload to unstable since the release
happened after the freeze had started.  However, with the "security"
problem with xerces-c2 (causing it to use up lots of memory on certain
types of input), I wondered whether it would be worth going ahead and
uploading 3.0.0 to unstable and asking for an exception to let it
transition.  This would be version 3.0.0-1 of the xerces-c package,
which has previously existed only in experimental and which has no
reverse dependencies.  It would therefore be very low impact for the
release, except that it would be an additional package, whatever
impact that may have on installation, CD creation, etc.

I realize that you're generally not accepting new packages right now.
If it weren't for the issue in http://bugs.debian.org/502102
(unfixable in xerces-c2, but already fixed in xerces-c), I wouldn't
even bring up the subject.  If the release time would not support
letting xerces-c transition to testing, I wouldn't upload it because I
don't want to create any potential of someone depending on it in that
case.

So, thoughts?  Should I stick with my original plan and wait until
after the release to upload xerces-c_3.0.0-1, or should I go ahead and
upload it now?  It wouldn't have to clear NEW since 3.0.0~b2-1 is
already in experimental and has built successfully on all platforms.

--Jay