Re: Num closed vs. num opened RC bugs

David wrote:

> **"freeze" the bug tracking system** and make it not accept
> automatically new RC bugs. Such new RC bugs might be manually approved
> or rejected by the maintainer.

This seems backwards.

It's obvious to me that RC bugs are proxies for actual release-
critical /issues/, so simply blocking the reporting of bugs not only
means that lenny is as buggy as before, it also drastically reduces the
motivation for people to file reports *exactly when we need them the
most*.

Lastly, -release is a NOT a discussion list. Please do not include
debian-release in any reply to this message.

Regards,

--
      ,''`.
     : :'  :     Chris Lamb