Re: Fwd: Please schedule binNMUs for openal -> openal-soft transition

* Andres Mejia [Sun, 13 Jul 2008 23:51:53 -0400]:

> Hello,

Hi,

> I'm resending this email from Reinhard. We're requesting binNMUs for reverse
> dependencies of openal. Our previous issue with uploading the latest version
> of openal-soft has been resolved.

Ok, I finally got to get this, I'm very sorry for the delay.

> Due to the switch from openal to openal-soft, reverse dependencies need
> to be rebuild against the new package. The following packages are ready
> for binNMU (testbuild successful locally on i386):

Thanks for testing them!

> antigrav_0.0.3-2
> blender_2.46+dfsg-2
> boson_0.13-4
> btanks_0.7.5800-2
> chromium_0.9.13.1-1
> flightgear_1.0.0-3
> freealut_1.1.0-1
> glest_3.1.2-1
> hugs98_98.200609.21-5
> pyopenal_0.1.6-4
> scorched3d_41.3dfsg-1
> soya_0.13.2-4
> supertuxkart_0.5-1
> torcs_1.3.0-3
> tremulous_1.1.0-4.1
> trigger_0.5.2-2
> vegastrike_0.5~svn12126-2
> warzone2100_2.1.0~1.beta2-1
> xpilot-ng_1:4.7.3~cvs20080224-1

All scheduled.

> coin2_2.5.0-2

This one just Suggests libopenal0a, and it's hardcoded, so you'll need
to file a bug.

> mplayer_1.0~rc2-14

This one got a sourceful upload.

> The package taoframework seems to require a sourceful upload and cannot
> be handeled with a binNMU.

Right, can you file a bug? (At serious, please.)

> The following two packages fail because the new libopenal-dev package
> does no longer provide a .la file. AFAUIU this file is only needed for
> static linking, which is frowned upon by both the release and security
> team.

> fail because of missing .la:
> rss-glx: #489098
> osgal: #489096

Scheduled, as per Reinhard indications. They indeed succeed now.

> other failures:
> funguloids needs to be rebuild but fails because of #482649

I also scheduled these:

  nmu libsfml_1.3-1 . i386
  nmu openarena_0.7.7-1 . arm hppa i386 ia64 mips mipsel powerpc s390 sparc
  nmu simgear_1.0.0-4 . amd64 arm armel hppa i386 ia64 mips mipsel powerpc s390 sparc

Adeodato Simó                                     dato at net.com.org.es
Debian Developer                                  adeodato at debian.org

Russian roulette in bash: ((RANDOM%6)) || rm -rf ~