Re: please unblock reportbug-ng

Pierre Habouzit wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 23, 2008 at 10:19:23AM +0000, Bastian Venthur wrote:
>> Pierre Habouzit wrote:

>>> Does it supports presubjs and helps the user choosing a proper severity
>>> for bugs he reports ?
>> It does not show presubjs.
>
>   This is a major stopper.
>
>> What do you mean by helping to choose a proper severity? The default
>> severity is "normal" and the "what is this" help of the box where you
>> can select the severity explains every severity in detail.
>
>   There is an RC bug about that (or at least the RM team consider it a
> blocker) where there is really sensible explanations on why this is not
> a good UI and that it leads to bad bug reports.

If I remember correctly Phillip blocked rng because it didn't sent the
output of /usr/share/bug/*/script. That's at least what I understood
when reading Phillip's mail and that is fixed now.

I never heard that it was blocked because the UI isn't good enough. I
don't want to have to guess what also has to be fixed until you decide
rng is good enough for lenny or lenny+1, so please give me an exact list
of the remaining open points which have to be fixed until rng is fit for
testing.

As a next step, I want that list and the fittnes of rng discussed on
tech-ctte. Frankly, I doubt that you are still deciding from a neutral
POV, especially regarding the discussion between you and me documented
in #422085.