[Date Prev][Date Next] [Thread Prev][Thread Next] [Date Index] [Thread Index]

Re: imminent 2.6.26 sid upload

Hash: SHA1

maximilian attems <max@stro.at> writes:

> latest 2.6.25 stable release is in testing, we expect to keep it as backup
> plan for lenny.  release team wishes to have unstable coverage of 2.6.26
> before final ack on that release.

If this is the desire of Release Team, I have no problem on that.

I'd prefer to have it on experimental before upload it to unstable so
first and more urgent issues wouldn't bother us and users however this
is more up to you and RM team then me. My preference would be:

 - upload to experimental
 - wait for at least 5 days without issues
 - check for any possible building issues with new libc headers
 - upload to sid (since it has been proven more or less stable) 

When uploading to sid, I believe that meta packages should go together
so we do get a nice coverage on that.

After sometime on sid, I believe we ought to move d-i for it if it
looks to be a real option for lenny and try to release a first RC of
installer as soon as possible after that.

Thank you by coordinating it with us.

- -- 
        O T A V I O    S A L V A D O R
- ---------------------------------------------
 E-mail: otavio@debian.org      UIN: 5906116
 GNU/Linux User: 239058     GPG ID: 49A5F855
 Home Page: http://otavio.ossystems.com.br
- ---------------------------------------------
"Microsoft sells you Windows ... Linux gives
 you the whole house."
Version: GnuPG v1.4.9 (GNU/Linux)
Comment: Processed by Mailcrypt 3.5.8+ <http://mailcrypt.sourceforge.net/>


Reply to: