Re: BinNMUs for all packages that built with libglib2.0-dev (= 2.16.4-1)

* Sebastian Dröge [Mon, 14 Jul 2008 14:58:56 +0200]:

> Hi,
> please schedule binNMUs for all packages that built with libglib2.0-dev
> (= 2.16.4-1) on big endian architectures.

> This version of GLib had a bug, caused by changed behaviour of
> AC_C_BIGENDIAN in autoconf 2.62, that resulted in

> #define G_BYTE_ORDER G_LITTLE_ENDIAN

> in glibconfig.h.

> As this macro is used in many public glib macros and also used very
> often in other software every package that built with 2.16.4 on big
> endian architectures is now potentially broken.

> glib2.0 2.16.4-2 will fix this issue.

Ugh, and the buggy package was in unstable for more than 10 days, but I
guess better safe than sorry.

I have a script to produce a list of everything that should be rebuilt
(~1500 binNMUs...). Once the fixed glib2.0 is available in all arches,
I'll rerun it and schedule them, unless somebody has a better idea.

Adeodato Simó                                     dato at net.com.org.es
Debian Developer                                  adeodato at debian.org

                        Listening to: David Bowie - Something in the air