Re: [SRM] expediate next stable update?

On Wed, Jul 09, 2008 at 12:47:48PM +0200, Thijs Kinkhorst wrote:
> On Fri, May 30, 2008 12:54, Neil McGovern wrote:
> > On Mon, May 19, 2008 at 10:19:34AM +0200, Thijs Kinkhorst wrote:
> >> Hi SRMs,
> > Hi Thijs, sorry for the delay in replying.
> > [snip openssl issue]
> >> Is there a current schedule for the next point update? Do you think it
> >> can be pulled forward?
> > Unfortunately, the next point release is planned to be etchnhalf, and
> > thus isn't one we can really rush forward.
> Thanks - but what is the ETA for r4?
> The page http://release.debian.org/stable/4.0/4.0r4 gives a 404.

This directory is only created when we start pulling the package list
from proposed-updates together with rationals to hand it over to the
FTP masters (i.e. shortly before they update the stable suite).

This has not happened yet.  The concrete TODO items to be solved before
we could release r4 are outlined in [0].  I cannot, at this point,
name a certain ETA, because the development with linux-modules-extra
was long stalled until recently when dannf picked it up.

Sorry,
Philipp Kern

[0] http://release.debian.org/proposed-updates/stable.html
--
 .''`.  Philipp Kern                             Debian Developer
: :' :  http://philkern.de                       Debian Release Assistant