Re: dash bug which is affecting release goal

On Sun, 2008-02-10 at 19:58 +0100, Pierre Habouzit wrote:
> On Sun, Feb 10, 2008 at 06:16:44PM +0000, Thomas Bushnell BSG wrote:
> > Dash has a serious bug which is causing grief.
> >
> > [ strip whining ]
>
> > Alas, dash does change the syntax of the command.
> >
> > [ whine whine whine ]
>
>   What is that change please ? Last time I checked dash supported the
> proper POSIX required options, so I'm surprised. Instead of whining,
> actually giving a bug's reference and an example of package that is
> hindert by this issue would've helped.

Dash does not implement the features of Debian /bin/test.  It is not
sufficient to implement only the features of Posix /bin/test.

The policy requires that I adapt to other Posix shells, not other Posix
implementations of test, ls, and other things.

Or are you saying that it's ok for dash to override random Debian
commands in incompatible ways?

Thomas