Re: why are new upstream versions of glib being uploaded?

On Thu, 2006-12-28 at 20:45 +0100, Marc 'HE' Brockschmidt wrote:
> As this may break more applications (earlier version broke locale
> parsing and gnomevfs), we should probably keep that code, reduce it to a
> warning for etch and then work out (together with upstream) how to solve
> this for the future.

Quite wrong, but in the right ballpark.

We simply should not allow that version of glib into etch at all.  This
is not the time to be scrounging up hacks.  The sad thing is that this
makes gnucash maintenance during the freeze much worse, but I will
simply have to cope.

There is, however, no grounds whatsoever AFAICS for allowing these
recent glib versions into etch, and as long as they stay out, no
regression in the etch gnucash will occur.

Thomas