Re: gibraltar-bootcd fixing FTFBS bug

* Steve Langasek (vorlon@debian.org) [061228 13:16]:
> On Thu, Dec 14, 2006 at 05:12:29PM +0000, Rene Mayrhofer wrote:
> > Am Donnerstag, 14. Dezember 2006 17:01 schrieb Andreas Barth:
> > > gibraltar-bootcd was removed in March from Etch - I don't think it would
> > > be appropriate to allow it now back in until there are *very* good
> > > reasons for it.
> > Yes, the reason was the FTBFS, where everybody agreed that it was
> > uclibc-toolchain's fault. So gibraltar-bootcd was kind of in waiting
> > position. The FAI project uses mkinitrd-cd, and they would need it back in
> > etch. Between March and now, basically only the FTBFS has been fixed (I'm
> > working on a major new version for unstable).
>
> It appears that uclibc itself is not in etch at this time, with a total of 4
> RC bugs open against it.  Andi unblocked gibraltar-bootcd, but it's not
> going to get anywhere without uclibc.

Looking at the bugs, two show just that the package is neglected - they
have patches for some time.

The remaining ones:
#336367: FTBFS: uclibc missing asm-i486/mman.h
should be easy as well

#261725: libuclibc0 - violates FHS
as this is a cross-suite, I think the reasons for sarge-ignore are still
valid enough to not really mind about this bug - but we need some
perspective that it is actually resolved in time for lenny.

Cheers,
Andi
--
  http://home.arcor.de/andreas-barth/