Re: why are new upstream versions of glib being uploaded?

On Wed, 2006-12-27 at 14:22 +1100, Vincent Ho wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 26, 2006 at 08:09:52PM -0700, Thomas Bushnell BSG wrote:
>
> > It has been confirmed that it is genuinely a disruptive change.  Bug
> > 404585, severity important, occurs only with the new libglib.
>
> Um Thomas, you yourself set the bug to severity minor, only ~3 hours
> before the mail I'm replying to.  I'm not commenting on the general glib
> issue, but the bug severity you mention above definitely seems wrong?

I had not noticed that there were two distinct effects of the bug on
users.  The first effect is that window positions don't get remembered
correctly; this is only minor of course.  But I had not noticed that the
report also indicated (and this is confirmed by others) that the bug
also prevents generated reports from being saved correctly.  This is a
significant annoyance; the only thing that saves it from being release
critical is that it's not too much trouble to re-generate the reports.

When the second issue was pointed out to me, I increased the severity to
important accordingly.

Thomas