Re: I ask to put libapache2-mod-fcgid into etch

Hi!

I'm not part of the release-team, but I'm replying to you in the wish of
being helpful, about the libapache2-mod-fcgid package.

> I'd like to put libapache2-mod-fcgid into etch certainly.
> Actually I do't resolve libapache2-mod-fcgid bugs yet.

The latest package for libapache2-mod-fcgid was removed from testing for
the following reason:

Bug #401938: libapache2-mod-fcgid: Segfaults on startup with Apache 2.2

A package that segfaults on startup is considered buggy and therefore
cannot be included in a Debian Stable release.

> But previous version 1.10-1.1 works properly. 1.10-1 has no bugs
> over 3 monthes, and NMUed -1.1 for apache2.2 dependencies.

If the previous version worked properly, what you have to do is find why
this one is not working properly, and do an upload that fixes the bug.

Only after that should you go back to debian-release and ask for the
package to go into testing (which might happen or not).

> Can I ask to put libapache2-mod-fcgid 1.10-1.1 into etch?
> Or, do I need surely to fix current version to contain the
> package into etch?

You need to fix your package first, then ask for it to go into testing.

--
Love,
Marga